I work with the following types of clients:
News publishers who want to want to run advertising on their website and newsletters
News orgs that want to implement or improve their newsletter program
News orgs that want to know more about and grow their audience
Small businesses and nonprofits that want to build a website or ecommerce site
Small businesses and nonprofits that want to build or improve their social media presence
Businesses and nonprofits that need a writer to develop thoughtful, high-quality content for their website, newsletter, social media, or annual report
For more detail, keep scrolling …
For news organizations
- Develop revenue goals and strategy for local, independent, and nonprofit news orgs
- Advertising technology guidance: the tools for running an advertising program on your website and email newsletters (eg Google Ad Manager, Broadstreet)
- Help scoping contracts and writing job descriptions for ad salespeople
- Design and build a media kit, contact form, and pricing sheet
- Selecting the right tech/ESP
- Building and segmenting email lists
- Frequency, topic, and content strategy
- Audience surveying and growth
- Email revenue strategy
For Small Businesses & Nonprofits
Email newsletter strategy
- Creating and setting up an email newsletter account (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Content development
- Analysis, strategy, segmentation, list growth, e-commerce integration
Website & eCommerce Content, Design, and Strategy
A professional digital presence is critical to attracting customers.
If your website is hard to navigate or looks like it’s from 1995, prospective customers might assume your organization is also behind the times (or worse, no longer operating!). I can help improve your online presence to achieve a polished look.
We can work together to create
- Employee profiles—conduct interviews with employees and write lively, engaging profiles so customers can get to know you better.
- Company history—every company has a story. I tell yours.
- Blog entries—improve SEO and show you’re an expert.
- FAQ sections—quick answers to the questions you answer frequently.
- Photography—I work with talented photographers for the best website imagery.
- Graphics—I work with skilled designers for logos, diagrams, charts, and illustrations.
- I can create a simple, easy-to-use site to sell your products, accept credit card payments, and arrange shipping.
- I can assist in a soup-to-nuts ecommerce setup, coordinating storage, order taking, fulfillment, and shipping.
Strategy, design, and execution to drive business
- Sponsored content and paid posts—informational, educational articles people find on partner/publisher websites
- Paid search (Google, Bing)
- Banner advertising (network or direct)
- Native content (sponsored articles, sponsored emails)
- Chaperoned emails
Social Media Channels
- Launch, design content for, and improve Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts